There are currently no travel restrictions in Tennessee. In an effort to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus, to help keep our local businesses open and operating, and ensure our children may return to the classroom, we urge residents, employees and visitors to wear face masks. For more information how to travel safely in Tennessee, click here.
Here’s why we encourage you to wear a mask when engaging with the public in Northeast Tennessee.
- Masks prevent the spread of Coronavirus. One study found that surgical masks can reduce the spread of the virus by as much as 82%.
- Coronavirus has killed 134,888 Americans.
- Local cases have increased in the past two weeks.
- It’s killed 7 people in Northeast Tennessee.
- So far, 728 people locally have tested positive.
- People are unknowingly spreading it at events and public places.
- Some local populations are being disproportionately affected.
- The virus is getting more difficult to trace locally. Health officials are monitoring thousands who may have been exposed.
- Cases, hospitalizations + deaths could be spreading faster than recorded cases show.
- We love you, our businesses, and residents and we want to see you in Northeast Tennessee again soon.
Think you may have Coronavirus? Here are a few FAQs.