From music festivals, car races, history, heritage, food and everything in between. Here's your guide.
- This event has passed.
ACA Level 4/5 Swiftwater Rescue Instructor Course
May 1 @ 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
One event on April 10, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on April 11, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on April 30, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on May 1, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on May 2, 2021 at 8:30 am
Do you want to learn how to teach others to be safer on moving water (all classes of difficulty) while also becoming better prepared to lead a rescue when things don’t go as planned? The ACA Swiftwater Rescue Instructor Course (Levels 4/5) will help you get there by training you how to teach recognition and avoidance of common river hazards, execution of self-rescue techniques, and rescue techniques for individuals in distress. Emphasis is placed both on personal safety and on simple, commonly used skills.
The ACA Swiftwater Rescue Instructor Course (Levels 4/5) is led by ACA ITE Robin Pope and IT Scott Fisher (bios here). The course is 6 days (48 hours) in length in a combined ICE/IDW format spread over two weekends. The IDW, or Instructor Development Workshop, is held during the first weekend and will focus on teaching principles, risk management, rescue and paddling skills, class management, equipment, water hazards and hydrology, and scene management.
Course dates/times for 2021:
- Apr 9-11 (IDW) & Apr 30-May 2 (ICE) – must attend both weekends (6 days)
- Class times are 8:30am-6pm each day
Location: Lower Nolichucky River/USA Raft, 2 Jones Branch Rd, Erwin, TN. Directions here.
- Tuition: $525
- ACA instructor manual (downloadable): $15 (not included, paid separately by candidates prior to class)
- ACA membership: $25/year (not included, paid separately by candidates prior to class) – join here
- SEIC dues: $35/year (not included, paid separately by candidates either prior to class or upon certification)
- Lodging, meals (not included)