From music festivals, car races, history, heritage, food and everything in between. Here's your guide.
- This event has passed.
Wetlands Water Park Season Opening
May 28, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wetlands Water Park will open for the 2022 season, kicking off with a grand opening on Saturday, May 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wetlands Water Park is located within Persimmon Ridge Park in Jonesborough at 1523 Persimmon Ridge Road. Wetlands Water Park has been the premiere Tri-Cities summertime family destination for over 25 years!
Wetlands Water Park offers a wide variety of family friendly fun including three flume water slides, two family otter slides, a lazy river, zero depth entry pool, full-service café and beach volleyball court. Wetlands Water Park also plays host to numerous private parties, birthday parties, swim lessons and special events throughout the season.
Season passes are now on sale and may be purchased online at wetlandsjonesborough.com, by visiting the Historic Jonesborough Visitors Center or calling 423.753.1553. Purchasing a Wetlands season pass gives attendees access to the Water Park for the entirety of the season as well as discounted rates on birthday parties, swim lessons and other events. Season passes are $80 for adults (13-54 years), $60 for children (4-12 years) & seniors (55 and older), and free for 3 years and younger.
- Swim lessons are $60 per child for one week. The weeks of swim lessons are June 13, June 20, July 11, July 18 and July 25. All sessions will be Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. If a lesson is cancelled due to weather, the make-up lesson will be on that Friday. Each level will have a maximum capacity of 15 participants with three instructors per level. Participants must be four years or older.
Other upcoming 2022 season events include
- Little League Night: Thursday, June 16. Players, coaches, umpires, fans and families are all invited. The café will be open until 8 p.m., and it is $3 per person.
- Jonesborough Days Pool Party: Friday, July 1. Jam out with a live DJ, enjoy concessions and giveaways! $5 per person. Café will be open.
- Praise by the Pool: Sunday, July 17. Church groups or organizations are invited. Event features contemporary Christian music. Café will be open, and it is $3 per person.
- Back to School Bash: Friday, August 5. Celebrate at the pool before school begins and the pool closes for the season.
All events listed above will take place 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Regular hours of operation after May 28 are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, please call 423.753.1553 or visit wetlandsjonesborough.com.
About Wetlands Water Park: Wetlands Water Park provides guests a relaxing and enjoyable aquatic experience through the highest quality standards of customer service. Wetlands Water Park in Jonesborough is a municipally operated park in the State of Tennessee. Wetlands Water Park is designed to encourage the entire family to participate together in an enjoyable and safe aquatic experience.
About the Town of Jonesborough: A unique 18th century town nestled in the Appalachian Mountains of Northeast Tennessee, Jonesborough’s natural beauty, charming architecture, and storytelling heritage have attracted visitors worldwide. Stay a day, a week or forever, and create your own stories in beautiful Historic Jonesborough. Visit www.jonesborough.com for more information.