From music festivals, car races, history, heritage, food and everything in between. Here's your guide.
- This event has passed.
Rocky Mount State Historic Site: Timeline Festival
June 2, 2018 - June 3, 2018$10
On June 2-3, Rocky Mount State Historic Site will host the inaugural TimeLine Festival showcasing history of the region and beyond through the centuries. The Festival will be held on Saturday, June 2, from10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday, June 3, from 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The festival will look at not only military history but also daily life. The event will also feature storytellers, local authors and performers presenting various aspects of our local and regional heritage.
Noted speakers will include Andy Hare, Chares Charlton, Captain William A. Coleman and Robert Rambo – who will perform as a noted Barbary Coast Admiral in the early 19th century. Performers will include Ted Olson, the Johnson City Blue Grass Band, the Old Field Shape Note Singers and Linda Wegner. Demonstrators will include basket weaving, blacksmithing, quill pen writing and historical surveying. Toys and games will also be available on grounds for children and families to play.
Performances and presentations will be held throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. (See the following schedule)
Admission is $10. Rocky Mount Historical Association members receive a $3 discount.
For more information: Contact Kristin Turner, education director
(423) 538-7396 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Wegner, director
(504) 444-2888 or sam.wegner@rockymountmuseum.
June 2 & 3, 2018
Schedule of Performances & Presentations
Saturday, June 2:
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Ted Olson, author and performer. Will present on his book and perform music in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Andy Hare, author. Will be present on his book, History of Piney Flats, Tennessee, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Charles Charlton, author and performer. Will present from his book of poetry, Songs of the Soul, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
- 2:00 pm to 3:00 p.m.: Robert Rambo, performer. Will present on Peter Lysle, a Scottish Admiral in the Barbary Coast Pirates Fleet against the U.S. Marines at Tripoli in the early 19th Century, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
Sunday, June 3:
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Captain William A. Coleman, author. Will present on his book, The Role of Black Americans in the Military, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Robert Rambo, performer. Will present on Peter Lysle, a Scottish Admiral in the Barbary Coast Pirates Fleet against the U.S. Marines at Tripoli in the early 19th Century, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Old Field Shape-Note Singers. Will perform at various times in the Overmountain Museum.
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Andy Hare, author. Will be present on his book, History of Piney Flats, Tennessee, in the Overmountain Museum auditorium.
Throughout Both Days:
- Johnson City Blue Grass Band
- Linda Wegner
- Overmountain Victory Men
- Bristol Forge Blacksmiths
- Craft Demonstrations
- Period games for kids and families
Rocky Mount Historical Association
P.O. Box 160 ■ Piney Flats, TN 37686-0160
200 Hyder Hill Road, Piney Flats, Tennessee
Rocky Mount is a Tennessee Historical Commission State-Owned Historic Site operated by the Rocky Mount Historical Association
under an agreement with the Tennessee Historical Commission, Department of Environment & Conservation